Feng Shui 360
Feng Shui basics
Feng Shui articles
testimonials and success stories
clutter, organizing, clearing ceremonies
gardens, plants, landscaping
love and romance
office and career
seasonal, holiday, travel
articles about and by Carol Olmstead
Feng Shui and Fashion
Check out this detailed list of the colors, patterns, fabrics, and shapes that represent each Feng Shui Element, and suggestions for when to wear them:
If you are involved in social or communication activities or want to feel dramatic, wear the Fire Element.
Colors: Red, orange, purple
Patterns: Pointed designs, animal prints
Fabrics: Satin and shiny textures
Shapes: Angular and form fitting
If you are involved in the community or family oriented activities or want to feel stable and grounded, wear the Earth Element.
Colors: Brown, yellow, terra cotta
Patterns: Checks, plaids
Fabrics: Tweed, flannel, textured
If you are involved with cultural activities or want to feel elegant and stand apart, wear the Metal Element.
Colors: White, pastel, metallic
Patterns: Round, dots, scrolls
Fabrics: Polished, glittery, shiny
If you are involved in artistic, intellectual, and spiritual activities, or want to feel elegant and project strength, wear the Water Element.
Colors: Black, navy, deep blue
Patterns: Wavy, paisley, abstract
Fabrics: Sheer, chiffon, velvet
If you are involved in health related or athletic activities or want to feel energized and active, wear the Wood Element.
Colors: Green, blue
Patterns: Vertical patterns and stripes
Fabrics: Cotton, linen, ribbed fabrics
Shapes: Columnar shapes
Do you have a favorite color you love wearing? Here are some examples of how the color you wear sends a message about you:
• Red is the ideal color when you want to draw attention to yourself. Wear red when you speak in public or want to stand out from the crowd. Avoid red if you are nervous or are self-conscious.
• Pink is the color of romance and fun. Wear pink if you want to resolve a situation with a loved one, because it is soothing and helps dissolve feelings of anger.
• Yellow conveys stability so you can wear it when you have an important decisions to make, but avoid yellow when you are feeling tired or it might drain your energy levels.
• Green projects growth and development. This is a great color to wear when learning new skills, taking classes, or when you need to be energized. Avoid wearing green when you are restless because it is a stimulating color.
• Brown is a grounding and comforting color that you can wear if you feel scared or insecure. Brown makes you feel safe, but avoid wearing it when dealing with stubborn people.
• Black conveys authority and power, and promotes a sense of depth and strength. Wear black if you need to command leadership or exude mystery. Black makes you stand apart from the crowd, so avoid wearing it when you need to be seen as an equal.