Feng Shui 360
Feng Shui basics
Feng Shui articles
testimonials and success stories
clutter, organizing, clearing ceremonies
gardens, plants, landscaping
love and romance
office and career
seasonal, holiday, travel
articles about and by Carol Olmstead
Feng Shui For The New Year
I gave this suggestion to my client, Trish, who had a difficult year as a real estate agent. Here is her success story -- In your recommendations for the New Year, one of your suggestions was to buy a new red wallet. This really made sense to me, especially since my old black wallet was a wreck. Two weeks after I purchased my new red wallet I wrote a contract with some buyers I had been dealing with for almost two years. I was so excited I couldn’t believe I actually closed a deal! Also, out of the blue I received a $50 thank you gift from a neighbor for helping find her dog. I folded that up and will keep it stored in my powerful red wallet so it can attract even more wealth.
2. Red Clothes. Wearing the color red is a symbol that you want to attract good fortune. Wear a new red outfit or accessory on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day to represent the wealth and prosperity what you want to attract this year. If you don't have a lot of red clothes, you can wear a red scarf, or earrings, or even red underwear.
3. Red Shoes. Treat yourself to a pair of new red shoes as a symbol that you are ready to “step ahead” in the New Year and "stomp out" any frustrations in the upcoming year. Any height heel will work.
4. Gold Jewelry. Gold represents abundance and wealth, so buy yourself a new piece of gold jewelry to signify growth and accumulation of wealth. It’s best to buy a newly-created piece rather than consignment or resale jewelry, because you want to take advantage of its bright, new energy. Sometimes, a vintage piece carries the former owner’s energy with it and you don’t want to risk acquiring anyone’s negative experiences.
5. New Watch. A watch is always moving forward, so buying a new one symbolizes bringing positive, active chi into your life. It’s better to buy your own watch than to receive it as a gift, however. So if someone wants to treat you to a new watch, suggest that they give you a gift card instead so you can pick out your own.
6. Large Tote Bag. A big tote symbolizes that you are expecting the year to bring many good things, and that you need a bag big enough to carry them. Buy the largest one you are comfortable carrying.